Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reflection: Personality Test



“Somewhat technopreneurial!”, as declared by my instructor last August 14, 2010. This is the result of the personality test which I took under his class. This test compromises my personality towards other people and my personality towards money. Thus, as a result of the conducted test, I scored 42 points and declared as “Somewhat technopreneurial”. Meaning, I am capable of becoming a technopreneur someday or in the future, capable of gaining money and creating my own business as a source of my daily living and be able to help other people in terms of giving them a job through this business that I would create and manage someday.


At first, I never believed to the result of the test since, it is not only the personality test that can say that we can become a good technopreneur, for as long as I know, there are also IQ tests, EQ test, and more that compromises to our success and failure in life. Since in a business, personality is not just the only needed one to become successful; intelligence (that is the mind; critical thinking and analysis) and emotional stability are also needed. The result of the test for me is just like a joke, I only think that business does not fit to me as my primary career in life, that for me, business is just a waste of time if I let myself to indulged with it, that I think that making business will lead me to more complicated problems that I am so lazy to take actions. But then, as a result of the test, I slowly inject to my mind that maybe it can fit to me, injecting to my mind that maybe it is full of adventure if I undergo and pursue to create business, injecting to my mind that it is not a waste of time that I am the only one who can control to my schedule that could not affect my other transactions since I am the owner. Since my parents like to have business, after the result of the test, I started to inject to my mind that I think I should follow my parents though I can never have a one hundred percent success with it.


I remember when I am in my high school life, with the subject technology and livelihood education, my teacher required us to have a entrepreneur life, that is just only a simple sari-sari store inside our classroom that we need to make our purchased junk foods and etc. to be emptied and then report to our teacher the profit that we gain with that products. Then what I did, since I do not have a self confidence in doing so that requirement, is I am the only who bought my products or sometimes I used to ask my classmate to be the one or to be in charged of my products and I would just pay him and the result is that only my own money would be reported to my teacher as my profit to the said requirement. That is just the proof that I do not really like business since from the start that I have knowledge in this world. That I dislike that kind of life in order to gain money, since I am not really competitive in this life; that I am just only satisfied of what I have and do not want anymore to go beyond of it. I do not thirst of money and just want my life to flow like in a river.


As a result of that personality test, I realized that in the business, it is not only the money that matters the most but it also matters about how you communicate and how you interact with other people that you encounter everyday in the business. I realized that to become a good technopreneur, I must be good in communicating and interacting to the people I am with in the business, making money as not the primary goal in the business but how you motivate and lead your co-workers in order for the business to be successful. Thus, making me also to realize that, I must be concern of how would other feels; how would they feel if I get mad, how would they feel if I do not like the result of their work, how would they feel if I am not in the mood, making me to realize that I must not be self centered in any situation and that I should try to consider the situation of others in order for us to understand each other. As a result of the said test, I never realized that personality matters and it makes my question to be answered, that why company needs an employee that has a good personality, now I know that in the business personality towards others is also important aside from money and now I know also that in order to become a good technopreneur, a good and right personality towards other people and money also matters. It is not always that in the business we need to aim so much of money but also we need to aim to show our true personality, what we are when it comes to money and what we are when it comes to other people (concerning their emotions) so that they would know each other better, not just in the business but also outside of the business.


As a reflection of the said test, I never imagined that the result of that test would lead me to think that I can become a good technopreneur yet in my mind I think I cannot because I am not really associated with a mind of business or shall we say a business minded type of person. I can never believed to the result because as I answer the questions of that test, I always choose the answer that concerns mostly of the people around me and not answering those questions that matters or concerns of money the most, though in real life situation money is the primary need of people in order to live; to buy foods, to build house and to make life more comfortable. I never answered money the most, it is because I believe that money is not the answer to everything and the test proved that what I believe is true. I realized that, even in the business, people are really essential and important than money, though money is also the primary need in the business in order for it to start and grow but then, as the result of the test, people is also important because without people, there would be no business, and without people, business would not be successful. That is why in the test I realized that caring other people in the business is also part and important in the business. Maybe we can be well known because of money, yet it is nothing if we do not care of other people, if we cannot have people who can describe and tell who really we are.


When the result of the test was announced to us, I can never imagine that the result would be “Somewhat technopreneurial”. Meaning, I am capable of making business, capable of making money on my own ways. I think and ask to myself, “Could it really be possible that I would become a technopreneur? Creating my own business, managing and controlling my own business, making money out of my own business, could help other people because I can give them a job because of my own business? Could repay my parents for what they have worked hard for me by means of my own business?”. These are just some of the questions that play in my mind when my instructor or mentor announced the result of the test. Making me to think that maybe it is possible since the result of the test stated that “Somewhat technopreneurial”, meaning, I have the ability to become a technopreneur someday. I have the ability in creating business by my own ways, using my ideas to fulfill that business and using the resources that I meet in everyday and runs in my mind to create that desired business.




Since then, my philosophy about gaining money in order to live in this world has changed. After I heard the result of the personality test that I took, my mind feels like there is rumble that happening inside and many questions come up to my mind. I keep on thinking, “If I could become a technopreneur, what type of business should I start to make? Should it be related to my likes or should it be related to the course that I had taken? Should it be of the latest trends that people are enjoying right now or not? Is it convenient to the people around me or not? If I could become a technopreneur, where should I get my initial capital or my starting money in order to build a business? Where is the best place to build and to start my business? Where should I get my best resources? Would this business help my environment and my people? Will the people who would be part of my business are trustworthy or not?”, these are just some of the questions that runs in my mind when I changed my philosophy in gaining money, that is from becoming an employee to gain money into creating my own business for more convenient way to live my life in this world.


In order for me to reach this new goal of my life, I should regret and forget those negative traits that is present in me in current time, that is I should become a risk taker person, I should pursue to think of new ideas, I should pursue to become a futuristic person and should not think of the negative things that would occur in my present life. That personality test that I took help me to change some of my philosophy in life, since in a business there is no one who rules with you since you are the owner, and no one would shout in front of your face since you are the one who own. It helps me to believe in my self, though I am not a kind of a person who wants to gain money at the fullest because what money could do to me if I die someday? I cannot bring it to where I would be when I die.


That test makes me to realize that, though money is essential in the business it needs people to function. What is business without people? If you are not good in communicating and interacting with them, how would your business be in success? How would your co-workers like you, when your impression to them will make them to be afraid with you every time you are with them? How would they feel if you treat them so harsh? How would they feel if you do not consider their situation? How can they feel your compassion if you do not want to show it to them? Thus personality, in order for the business to be successful, is really needed.


Thus, in that personality test, I realize that I can become a technopreneur and erase in my mind that I cannot become one of it. I realize that personality matters for the success of the business and I think I am able to become a technopreneur since the result of the test told me so. I realized that though I think that I cannot become a business man or a technopreneur yet the result of the test give me the idea and change my philosophy in my life since it says I am somewhat technopreneurial. The result of the test leads me to think that since I have the mind and I have the right personality, I should pursue to create business following the footsteps of my parents in order to live though I can see that more problems will I encounter with it yet all I need to do is to believe in my self and be wise in making every decisions that I should make. The personality test help me to think that I can have a good business since in my mind I really want to have a business since there is no one who would control on my work, there is no one who would have power over me since I am the one who owns the business. The personality test helps me to think over and over again that if I really want to make that business in my mind to be in reality, I should pursue and believe to my abilities and believe to the people who also believes in me, in order to help others and in order to make my ideas to be in reality and in order to be successful in life, making me to realize that my personality right now towards other people could be a means of my success in my life if I would insist to have a business of my own.







nhoj ledohr zeuqirne

No comments:

Post a Comment